- First is an increase in issue frequency, from four to six issues per year, reflecting a steady growth in article submissions and journal profile.
- Second is a transition from print to electronic: Please note that Volume 9 issue 3 was the final print copy despatched to PCDE members; PCDE member access is electronic as of July; details on enabling this access will be listed on the Journal Page of this website.
These changes together reflect the journal’s growing stature and the broader move of scientific literature online with the additional functionality that offers. Thank you for continuing to read and support the journal during this year of growth and transition. Johan Wens Chairman PCDE
Welcome to PCDE
“Primary Care Diabetes Europe (PCDE) welcomes all healthcare professionals working for people with diabetes in a community setting.
- an organisation representing your interests in major European organisations at political and professional levels, with the aim of highlighting the importance of the development of high quality diabetes services in all countries.
- a recognised Academic Journal publishing original research – “Primary Care Diabetes”
- PCDE is involved with and encourages research concerning Diabetes and all different aspects of its management in Primary Care.
- PCDE organises a pan-European conference highlighting developments and challenges in Primary Care Diabetes management, the latest being in Barcelona in 2014.
- PCDE forms an important link between Primary Care Diabetes societies where they exist across Europe, encouraging collaboration and the sharing of good practice.
The most important goal of PCDE is to support ‘best practice’ in diabetes care across Europe, for the benefit of all people with diabetes.
(Click on the link above and get free access to the 2014 Conference webcast.) * If you are using an IOS device (iPad/iPhone) you will need a browser which supports Flash format (an example here)