This programme will be published online in the 3rd week of January 2020. More information will be published in due course on the PCDE website
Positioning GLP1-RA agonist in the management of people with type 2 diabetes.
- Understand and describe the key aspects of the ADA/EASD Consensus report for management of T2DM, regarding the importance of patient centred care and the decision cycle underpinning assessment, shared decision making and on-going management and support.
- Understand the importance of both glycaemic control, but also the importance of optimising quality of life and reducing complications in the management of T2DM.
- Understand the relevant and recent cardiovascular outcome trials (CVOT’s) and how they have impacted on the choice of classes of glucose lowering therapy in patients with T2DM diabetes based on presence of ASCVD and other important co-morbidities.
- Compare and appraise the current oral and injectable treatments for glycaemic management of people with T2DM and understand the positioning of GLP-1RA’s.
- Understand the availability of GLP1-RA’s across the class and to understand key differences within the class.