PCDE ACTIVITIES AT EASD
1. EASD-PCDE Study Group session
22-09-2020 – 14:30 – 15:30 CET
PCDE Symposium: A disease state approach to the pharmacological management of type 2 diabetes in primary care: A position statement by Primary Care Diabetes Europe.
1. Understanding the rationale for a need for primary care specific guidance
2. Identifying simplified risk categories of type 2 diabetes in the primary care setting. What really matters?
3. Treatment recommendations
4. How useful is the position statement across various countries in Europe..
Dr Samuel Seidu;
Background, rationale and methodology.
Prof Kamlesh Khunti;
Categorization of risk phenotypes in type 2 diabetes from the primary care perspective
Dr Stefan Jansson;
Dr Xavier Cos;
Practical implementations of the guidance in various countries across Europe.
2. EASD official PRIMARY CARE session (virtual EASD activity)
Diabetes in primary care.
23-09-2020 17:30 – 18:30 CET
Prof Simon Griffin:
Multifactorial treatment of diabetes; 10 year follow-up of the ADDITION-EUROPE study.
Prof Manel Mata-Cases:
How common are cardiorenometabolic diseases in primary care?
Prof Kamlesh Khunti:
Should primary care professionals worry more about hypoglycaemia in people with type 2 diabetes?
Register now to visit these sessions.
PCDE WEBINARS 2020/2021
Every 5-6 weeks PCDE organises a livestream webinar about a hot topic.
OCTOBER: WEBINAR “BEST OF EASD IN PRIMARY CARE”
Details + registration for this webinar will be published on the PCDE website.
The last two PCDE webinars were on
• June 29 How do we transform primary care Type 2 Diabetes management after COVID-19
• May 4 TYPE 2 DIABETES AND COVID-19
PCDE Conference Spring 2022
News from the EASD-PCDE STUDY GROUP
Each year PCDE issues a grant for research projects in primary care. Currently 4 proposals are being reviewed. Read more about this initiative here.
The Study Group recently published a Position Statement “A disease state approach to the pharmacological management of type 2 diabetes in primary care: A position statement by Primary Care Diabetes Europe”
2 min intro video by Study Group Chair Dr. Samuel Seidu
Running Study Group projects
COVID19 project (part 1+2):
1) Qualitative research on HCP’s views on COVID19 and diabetes (project led by Dr. Rimke Vos-NL).
2) Quantitative analysis – set of variables sent to EB. Data will be collected from various countries, analysis will be done, research question(s) will have to be defined and results will be shared.
News from our partners
PCDE Endorsement of educational programs
ASCEND (Academy for Science and Continuing Education in Diabetes and Obesity) E- learning Portal is a learning programme to support primary care physicians to improve patient outcomes through interactive knowledge- and skills-based learning.
INFOMEDICA: The Diabetes Education Online – www.diabeteseducation.online – offers a wide range of educational content on different topics and formats including the ADA and EASD Annual Meeting Highlights, eLearning programs, interactive clinical dilemmas. A variety of information and challenges for specialists and primary care clinicians involved in the management of people with diabetes.
CORPORATE PROJECT PARTNERS 2020
PCDE CORPORATE SUPPORT 2019/2020
|PCDE Gold Members||PCDE Silver Member||Other Supporting Company|
PCDE Secretariat: M +31 (0) 6 48546892 · www.pcdeurope.org
PCDE Conference secretariat: Congresos y Ediciones semFYC · email@example.com
Carrer del Pi, 11, Pl. 2a, Of. 13 08002 Barcelona (Spain) · Tel: 34 93 317 71 29 · Fax: 34 93 318 69 02.
Primary Care Diabetes Europe (PCDE) © 2019. All Rights Reserved.