PCDE exists to provide a focal point for primary care clinicians and their patients. Its purpose is to promote high standards of care throughout Europe. Emphasis is placed on incorporating evidence based medicine into daily practice as well as promoting diabetes education and research in primary care.
The association is a non-profit organisation with a scientific goal and aims at pursuing the following objectives:
- to maintain annual or bi-annual conferences, either stand alone or in conjunction with other groups
- to encourage implementation of primary care guidelines in every European Country
- to provide a newsletter and to develop information systems for members
- to encourage multi-disciplinary approach to training, service development and quality improvement
- to establish a network of active contacts in Primary Care Diabetes in Europe
- to explore the needs of health professionals working in Primary Care Diabetes and encourage sharing of professional experience
- to develop closer relationships with other groups working in the field of primary care and diabetes
- to become the voice of Primary Care Diabetes in Europe
- to explore a variety of funding avenues
PCDE’s background, mission, aims and achievements are described in detail in the PCDE Policy Document 2017-2018
PCDE’s background, mission, aims and achievements are described in detail in the Policy Document. Click on the button below to download your copy.