Aims and Scope
Primary Care Diabetes is the official journal of Primary Care Diabetes Europe (PCDE). The journal publishes original research articles and high-quality reviews in the fields of clinical care, diabetes education, nutrition, health services, psychosocial research and epidemiology as far as is relevant for diabetology in a primary-care setting.
The purpose of the journal is to encourage interdisciplinary research and discussion between all those who are involved in primary diabetes care on an international level.
The Journal also publishes news and articles concerning the policies and activities of PCDE and reflects the society’s aim of improving the care for people with diabetes mellitus within the primary-care setting.
- Owner: Primary Care Diabetes Europe (PCDE)
- Publisher : Elsevier Editor-in-Chief : Jaakko Tuomilehto
- Associate editors : Sam Seidu (U.K.), Xavier Cos(ES), Domingo Orozco (ES), Alice Kong (HK) and Irene Blackberry (AU), Noel Barengo (U.S.)
- Launch: September 2006
- Frequency : 6 issues p.a.
- Readership : 2400+ members of Primary Care Diabetes Europe ; 1100+ electronic library holdings..
- Medline, Scopus, Science Citation Index (impact factor 1381) and PsycINFO indexed
- The online manuscript submission site for the journal: http://ees.elsevier.com/pcd/